Social Business Speaker Event
Chief Marketing Officer
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
7:30 – 8:45AM. Mr. Afshar will begin the discussion at approximately 8:00 AM and talk for 30-45 minutes. He’ll then stay for a Q&A session until 9:00 AM. We plan to wrap up promptly at 9:00 so everyone can get to work.
Washington University, Simon Hall, Room 103 (directions below). Special thanks to the Skandalaris Center for hosting our event.
Proceed to the Washington University campus on Forsyth, between Skinker and Big Bend. Near the Big Bend end, you will find the Danforth University Center, 6475 Forsyth at Wallace (parking garage below the building). Please proceed into the garage ($1/hour, cash or credit card). After you park, take the NORTH ELEVATOR (OR STAIRS) to the first floor from your parking level, and exit the building. Turn to your LEFT and walk to the next building over (Simon Hall, rear). Enter by that first rear door you see there, classroom 103 is the third door on your right.
We will have coffee and juice and some light fare (bagels, muffins, …) starting at 7:30
All who come will get a free copy of his book, The Pursuit of Social Business Excellence. Check it out at http://amzn.com/0985356464.
About Vala Afshar:
Vala Afshar is the Chief Marketing Officer for Extreme Networks, responsible for global marketing operations. Vala is an award-winning inventor of social technologies and customer services operations, he is a pioneer in cloud computing, social collaboration, business intelligence and customer relationship management (CRM).
Vala is author of the book, The Pursuit of Social Business Excellence, and is a prolific blogger who writes for Huffington Post, Information Week, and Inc. Magazine. A social media expert, his SlideShare presentations routinely generate tens and hundreds of thousands of page views. You can interact with Vala on Twitter at @ValaAfshar.
In an intimate environment, Vala will share his perspective with a group of local entrepreneurs, business leaders and CMO/CTOs. This will be a FANTASTIC speaking event.
There are dozens of impressive statements we could make that would reinforce how impressive Vala is but we’ll trust you believe us and not risk carpal-tunnel by so much typing. In lieu, here are a few things you may wish to review:
- www.cxo-talk.com – a free weekly discussion (Friday afternoon at 3pm) he hosts during which he interviews some of the top C-level thought leaders in the county – often CIO/CTO/CMO. This afternoon he’ll interview the CIO of San Francisco. Past guests include the CIO of Acceture, CEO of Box, VP of New England Patriots, CIO of Intel, VP of Salesforce.com, CIO of University of New Hampshire. Some other top guests – http://cxotalk.enterasys.com/#past
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vala-afshar/50-powerful-mega-trend-st_b_3975786.html – he compiled his annual 50 Powerful Megatrends report which was downloaded something like 180,000 and was been embedded into nearly 400 different websites in the first 2-3 weeks. DEFINITELY CHECK THIS OUT!
He writes a column for the Huffington Post – not long ago this included a summary interview with the two CIOs of Accenture about transforming IT into a business asset.
Here are a few honors and awards:
- 2012: Top 10 Social Business Leaders – InformationWeek – http://www.informationweek.com/thebrainyard/news/industry_analysis/social-business-nominations-do-i-hear-a/240008196
- 2012: Top 50 Technology Men on Twitter: http://www.bluefocusmarketing.com/blog/2012/09/17/2012-nifty50-top-men-in-technology-on-twitter/
- 2012: Multiple Stevie® Awards for Customer Service: http://prn.to/yqCEFP 2.. (contact center, service innovation, and service collaboration)
- 2012: Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award
- 2012: eSchool Media Readers’ Choice Award – Technology
- 2011: TMC Customer Service Excellence Award
- 2010 CRM Magazine Service Elite Award Winner – http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/crmmedia/crm0310/index.php#/45/OnePage
You won’t think about your business, your marketing plan or your customers the same after hearing him speak. Finally, everyone who attend will get a free copy of his book (details below).
We look forward to seeing you at this informative, perspective-altering event. You may register by completing the form to the right. In the mean time, if you have any questions or would like more information, please call Stephanie Tillman at 314-436-6282, ext. 249 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.